Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pixie Haircuts

Pixie haircuts for different faces

Now I know what you're thinking. Pixie haircuts on all face shapes? Yeah right! Well guess what? We girls can rock the totally cute pixie hairstyle. 

Now I have been giving some thought on chopping off my hair and changing my style to a more soft, feminine cut such as the famous Ginnifer Goodwin shown below:
picture source [x]

For about a year, I've been doing my research, checking out different sites and books and I even asked other friend what they would think on how I would look since I'm a bit more on the "chubby" side. I got most positive feedback. (other than my sister who disagrees on everything I think but that's not the point here!) Most said things like, "Go for it!" or, "Yeah it would totally look good!" And well I've decided to just bite the bullet and cut it! (not now of course but I'm hoping to after graduation in two years) and well you could say I'm pretty darn excited! If I was wrong all this time and it doesn't flatter my face and body shape well then oh well I mean it's just hair right? it'll grow back in time. 

Okay now on to a different "subject" thing. I will write some tips on whether you could rock a pixie cut down below. (but personally I think if you wear it confidentially, then you can totally pull it off!)

1. Know your face shape: Now looking at all these pictures of these beautiful girls with different face shapes and I'm thinking, "Wow all these girls sure can pull of the style!" So like I said before, no matter the shape you have, you ca totally rock the pixie with just a little confident (the more the better) But you still need to know what type of cut will flatter you best. From the research I've done in the back year, I've come to the realization that round, oval and heart shape faces look best with the soft, feminine look (like the photo above) while longer, more structured cheekbones and jaw line face shapes look best with the more edgy and spiky type hair but hey that's coming from just one person. 

2. How to style the Pixie haircut: If you decide to chop all your hair off to this cute look you might get bored of the simple wash and go natural look so some ways to spice it up are:
  • scarf headbands 
If you're looking for a way to add color to your day, go for a cute scarf and wrap it around your head for the cute "headband" look 

here you can see how adorable this look is on Maria Hansen Trooyen (lostinaspotlessmind) and how the scarf just gives it a pop of color 
  • If it's a bit longer than most pixie cuts, give it an edgy but still cute look and curl it! 
as you can see, Vanessa Hudgens is rocking this curly look. Curling your short hair will give it some volume, texture AND it looks super cute! 
  • Slick it back to give it a more sexy yet elegant look.
Slicking back your hair can not only take the hair out from your eyes (If you've got a fringe) but it gives it a sleek, sexy, elegant look.
Emma Watson is rocking this slicked back look, giving her that sexy look while still looking very elegant. 


Now these are a few of many tips that can make a simple Pixie cut look different and stylish! 

If you're still a bit iffy about it, you can always put it to the test. What you do it get in front of the mirror and pull back your hair into a ponytail and examine your features. Are there some you want to hide? some you want to show off? Doing this, it will help you decide whether or not the Pixie cut will suit you.

Hopefully this gives you girls some inspiration on the cute Pixie haircuts and thank you for reading, I appreciate it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment